Wednesday 12 February 2014

Superdrug haul

Hello lovelies 
Another post from my iPhone as I'm in bed sick with no voice! It's very quiet in my house at the moment! 
I wanted to do a quick post about some bits I got from superdrug the other week. I would have done it sooner but I've had lots going on at home! 
There were a few bits I wanted to try and when I needed some other bits from superdrug I figured I may as well order these bits too! (I would have gone into town to buy them but the weather here in the uk has been atrocious!!!) 

The first thing I wanted to try was the much raved about Maybelline Baby Skin instant pore eraser. I'd heard lots about this product online and from friends and had been informed that it was a good affordable dupe of Benefit's The Porefessional. Having not tried the Porefessional primer myself yet (I will get round to it and will do a blog post comparing them!) I can only give my opinion based on my knowledge of the Baby Skin itself with nothing to compare to. 
First things first can I just say how strange and slightly creepy the name baby skin is... 
The product itself is a silicone based primer that is said to give smooth poreless looking skin. When I used this, it reminded me of a thicker version of the Gosh primer that I used to have (it's disappeared in my room somewhere!) It makes your skin feel soft after use and is very easy to apply. What I will say is make sure your moisturiser is fully soaked into your skin before using the primer and also do make sure the primer has set a little before applying your foundation otherwise you have a bit of a slippy situation going on which is never good! I really like this product as it does give a nice finish on your face and is great value for money! I will definitely be repurchasing this! 

Next is another cult favourite, Sleeks Blusher in Rose Gold. I had also heard a lot about this blush and especially heard lots of people saying it's a dupe of the Nars Orgasm blush. I also haven't tried the Nars blush yet but am hoping to purchase it when I go to IMATS later in the year. (WOOHOO!)
I love the pinky tone of the blusher and the quite pigmented gold shimmer that runs throughout the product! It almost acts as a blusher and a highlight in one and I cannot wait to wear this in spring/summertime so I can see the effect it has once the sun hits it! 
Considering this product is less than £5 the quality and the colour payoff are amazing!! I will definitely be buying more Sleek blushes in the future!

Now I couldn't do a superdrug shop without a few purchases from my favourite brand MUA. 
After loving the colour blast eyeshadow tint I got last month so much, I decided to try one in a darker brown shade. I purchased it in the shade Bring it Back which is a dark golden brown! 
I haven't yet tried this product out on myself but if it's anything like the other one I own I know I will love it! I love the creamy and unsticky feel of the product and also love how easy it is to apply and blend! Especially with this shade, I love the gold shimmer that really brings the brown tone to life! 
I cannot wait to add more of these to my collection!! 

Next from MUA I got two of their eye pencils, one in rich brown and one in jet black. What initially drew me to these was the fact that there is a pencil sharpener in the lid! HOW AMAZING IS THAT?!? I think this is an amazing idea! 
The liners themselves are really creamy making then easy to apply and also easy to blend and they are crazy affordable at £1 each (I think?!?) 

I just think that although their prices are low, the quality if MUA's products  is incredibly high and I recommend them to anyone who will listen!!! 

Well there you have it, my superdrug haul. If you want to see more of what I'm buying, stay tuned as I'm sure I'll have AVON orders with loads of cool stuff coming through soon! 
I'm now off to curl up in bed and hide from all the horrible weather outside! 

Take care and keep smiling! 
Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment