Sunday 23 February 2014

My palette collection

I wanted to do a quick blog post (from bed again) I'm not totally lazy I promise I just always get inspiration when laying in bed! 
After Christmas and new year I decided I wanted to get into make up more, more specifically doing makeup! My parents brought me this amazing travel box to put all my makeup and brushes in for Christmas so I just HAD to buy some new makeup palettes to fill it with!! 
Now I could have spent loads of money on all the expensive palettes but as I'm a newbie to this all I got some relatively cheap ones to play around with. I bought them all from www.amazon.co.uk and spent no more than £15 pounds on each palette.

The first palette I want to talk about is the Jazooli 15 piece concealer palette. It contains quite a range of colours ranging from white to a dark brown. It also has colour correcting concealers and a shimmery highlighter as well. 
The colour payoff is pretty good for a very affordable palette but they take a little while to warm up(It was easier to get more product on a warm finger than a brush) The quality of the product also feels good on the skin. I also think that the darker toned concealers would be excellent for contouring the face. 

Next from Jazooli I purchased the 120 piece eyeshadow palette which has 120 different shimmery coloured eyeshadow shades ranging from right oranges to deep purples.
The pigmentation of these eyeshadows is amazing! The colour payoff is super bright! They feel soft and not too chalky. My only negative is that the eyeshadows are pretty small so will run out quickly, but I guess there are so many shades to choose from that I'll never run out of looks!! 

Next I purchased a 28 piece blusher palette which has shades ranging from pale to neon, from pinks to corals to reddy-berry tones. Some are matte finish and some are shimmery which means there is a blusher for every occasion.
The product feels soft on the skin, the colour does however need to be built up to achieve how bright it looks in the pan. Another negative is that they are rather small making it awkward to get bigger brushes into. 

Lastly from amazon I purchased a 28 piece neutral eyeshadow palette featuring both matte and shimmery neutral tones ranging from pale champagne tones, to rich browns and a matte black. 
The colour payoff is brilliant and the size of the shadows is brilliant. I can't wait to create many lovely neutral looks with this palette.

As well as amazon, I purchased a couple of smaller palettes in the January sales from superdrug. 

The first is by colour unlimited and is a 10 piece eyeshadow palette featuring a range of highly pigmented shimmery tones.
I really like this palette, I used it on my little cousin for New Years and it worked really well. 

I also purchased a palette by studio London and it's an 8 piece eyeshadow palette with a range of colours and also gives tips to achieve certain looks using a few of the eyeshadows.
I like that this gives you ideas on how to use the palette and cannot wait to try out some of the looks.

I hope you've enjoyed a look into my palette collection, I'll be sure to post pics when I create looks with them.

Keep smiling
Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment