Saturday 9 November 2013

My Lipstick Collection

Hi Guys!!

Hope you're all well!
As I promised, here is a look into my always expanding lipstick collection.

Apologies for the quality of the photos, I was using my iPhone and the light was fading rapidly (bloody British wintertime!)

I shall start with my AVON lipsticks as I have so many!! I love AVON Colortrend lipsticks as they just glide onto the lips and the colour payoff is brilliant. Also they are incredibly affordable, especially if you manage to catch them when they are on clearance! The only downside... they don't taste particularly nice but who eats lipstick anyway...

First up are 2 gorgeous lipsticks from the limited edition Colortrend  Kiss 'n' Go collection. They are all jungle/ wilderness themed which means the packaging looks amazing with a bright pink leopard and zebra print pattern on the lid.

First up is the shade Jungle Fever which is a stunning corally-red lipstick.





I love this shade because it's a little more subtle than a ruby red or scarlet tone lipstick, yet it still packs a punch!!












Next is the shade Lioness which is a slightly shimmery nude colour lipstick.






This shade is gorgeous because it is incredibly subtle but you still get a little bit of shimmer with it. I imagine this would look really lovely with a dark smoky eye where you don't want anything too full-on on your lips.











Now onto my regular Colortrend Kiss 'n' Go lipsticks. Be prepared, there are quite a few!!!
The first three I ever bought are called Rich Ruby, Passion and Flirt.

Rich Ruby is a beautiful red lipstick which is more blue/purply toned than scarlet toned.


I really like this red lipstick, the colour looks fab with my pale skin tone.








Next is Passion which is a lovely pinky-coral toned lipstick which is fab for summertime.


This is a lovely bright colour for summer. It's funky and feminine and very bright!







Next up is Flirt which has been a favourite of mine all summer. It's a slightly shimmery orangey-coral lipstick.









This lipstick was perfect for summer and looks fab with a bit of a tan. It's not too bright or too orangey. I just love it!









Next up are my more recent AVON purchases! (Sorry there's so many to go through!!!)
I tried to go a little more autumnal with these shades so I had some lipstick to match the season.

First up is Glisten which is a shimmery reddy-coppery shade with a little hint of glitter.









I love the autumnal feel this coppery lipstick gives and the addition of glitter is perfect if you're going on a night out or to a party.









Next up is gleam which is a lovely shimmery reddy-pink shade and like Glisten also has the addition of glitter.









Once again this shade is perfect for the party season but what I also love about this shade is that it is a very subtle lipstick and the red isn't too overpowering.








Up next is Beige Star which is a lovely shimmery nude lipstick. The shade is slightly darker than lioness.








This shimmery nude creates a beautiful neutral lip that would also look good with darker eyes.











For my last two colours I kind of went a little crazy but I HAD to have these colours!

First up is Doll Pink which is a lush bright pink lipstick.


I love this barbie pink lipstick, it's a colour that certainly packs a punch!!







Lastly from my AVON lipsticks is a lovely bright red lipstick called Poppy Love.


This is a gorgeous vibrant red lipstick which would create a classically beautiful make-up look when presented with a neutral eye with cat-flicked eyeliner.









Nearly there guys! You're over the hump and on the home stretch now! As well as AVON I have a few other brands that I love buying lipstick from.

MUA is one of my all time favourite make-up brands. Everything is hugely affordable and the quality sometimes matches the high end make-up brands.
I have recently ventured into trying their lipsticks (at £1 I didn't see any harm in giving them a go!!) They are creamy and apply beautifully!

The first lipstick I bought was Nectar (Shade 16) which is an orangey-peach tone.


I have loved this shade all summer long and it's another one that looks really good with a tan!







Having loved this lipstick I recently purchased one of MUA's matte lipsticks in Peachy Keen which is a matte peach shade


.I cannot wait to wear this subtle peach lipstick out and about (It only arrived in the post today!!) It looks and smells lovely!







Whilst on the MUA website (I'll put a link at the end of the post!) I also came across another affordable brand called Fashionista and decided to give them a try. I bought three shades and am very impressed with them all. They feel really moisturising and the colours glide on easily.

The first two are neutral, nude shades. The darker of the two is called Style Guide.





I like that the lips are still neutral but the colour gives a darker colour to the lips.






The lighter nude shade is called Touch Up.



Although is looks similar to Style Guide, this shade gives a more natural fleshy tone to your lips.





Also I got a shade called How Do I Look which is a lovely rosy pink colour.




This colour is just beautiful and for a pink lipstick, gives a sheer glossy finish.




I entered a competition and won one of Collection's DeLuxe lipsticks. The colour is gorgeous and gives a beautiful glossy finish. The shade is called Speakeasy (04) and is another lovely rosy pink colour.


I love that this pink tone is more of a purpley-pink. Its a lot more pigmented than the fashionista pink shade so the colour is more intense.









Last Christmas I was given a Boots No.7 gift set which featured a lipstick from the Moisture Drench range.
The lipstick is in the shade Cameo.


This shade is a lovely shimmery pinky-plum colour which gives a subtle pink shimmer to your lips.









FINALLY!! (sorry for the long post guys!) After hearing so many good things about this product from beauty bloggers and friends this summer, I caved in and got a Bourjois Colour Boost Lip Crayon in the shade Orange Punch. I was slightly wary given the bright orange packaging but the actual colour of the lip crayon is less orange and slightly pinky.








I love that you can vary how intense the colour is with this product. Gloss it over your lips for a slight colour or build it up for a more intense corally-orange. I just love this product!










Well there you go guys, I hope you enjoyed a glance at my lipstick collection. I shall keep you all posted as it grows and expands. If there is anything you recommend me trying or any of my other make-up that you want to see let me know!

As promised here is the link to the MUA Website (Happy Shopping!)
http://www.muastore.co.uk/

and also you can buy AVON products online at

http://avonshop.co.uk/shop/default.asp?

Collection and Bourjois products are available at Superdug and Boots (where you will also find No.7)

Stay Happy and Keep Smiling

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment