Sunday 24 November 2013

My Favourite Brushes!

Hiya lovelies :)

Hope you're all keeping well! I've been full of cold all week!! :(

Just thought I would do a quick post about my favourite make-up brushes that I use all the time!

Please excuse the state of my brushes, I have used them today and they are in need of a clean!!

As I have very limited funds, most of my brushes have to be fairly cheap and affordable! (If I had enough money for MAC ones I would buy them by the shed-load!) and although they are heap brushed I find the quality has more often than not impressed me!

My first four brushes are probably the first proper make-up brushes I ever brought. They are by Barbara Daly make-up and I got them in a set from Tesco.
The set initially came with an eyebrow brush as well, but that broke and went to the great make-up bag in the sky!

These brushes were incredibly affordable (I think they were about £13 for the set) and I've had them for about 3 or 4 years and they have hardly shed or become misshapen.

The brushes feel so soft and feel lovely on your face.

The smallest of the 4 brushes I presume was a lip brush but I never had any need for a lip brush so instead I use it as a small eye brush for applying the darkest colours to the outer corners of my eyes.

The eye shadow brush is a brilliant all-rounder brush for your eyes, its so fluffy so is fab for blending, the flat faces on the brush make it excellent for packing colour onto your eyelids and the tapered end means it is also fab for working colour into the socket lines.

The foundation brush is your generic foundation brush, there's nothing particularly special about it but it does it's job and it does it well and also feels lovely and soft on your face.

The big fluffy powder brush has to be my favourite from the set. I use it for applying powder to my face and also for blending blushers and bronzers into my foundation. It is so soft and is amazing for blending. It hardly ever sheds its bristles so you don;t have to worry about spreading unsightly bristles all over your face.


The next load of brushes I got in a set from Superdrug in the January sales a couple of years ago (can't remember how much for, Sorry!!!) The set was much bigger but as I sorted through my brushes over the years I have thrown out the ones I don't particularly like or don't use.

These brushes aren't the same quality as the ones above, I got what I paid for but they are still fantastic brushes and also hardly shed their bristles.

The eyebrow brush and comb are just your generic brush, it does what it should, I was just grateful for it after my Barbara Daly one broke!

The angled eye brush is fab. It is so soft and you could use it for applying eye shadow, eyeliner or applying colour to your eyebrows. I use mine to apply the brown powder from my MUA brow kit to my eyebrows and it does the job perfectly!

The flat eye shadow brush does a fab job of packing colour onto your eyelids.

The blush brush if perfect for applying blusher to the apples of your cheeks. Because it isn't such a large fluffy brush it allows you to start small with your colour and build it up if you feel the need to do so.

Up next are my AVON brushes. I saw these on sale in various AVON catalogs and figured I must give them a try. They were fairly affordable but a little more pricey than the sets above because you have to buy them individually. They brushes are made of synthetic black fibre and haven't shedded for me yet.

The angled brush is the one that I use for applying gel eyeliner to my eyes. I like that it has a long handle so you can have a better grip of the brush.

The flat eye shadow brush with smudger tip is another of my most favourite brushes because the flat brush is another good one for packing colour onto your eyelids whilst the smudger tip is good for smudging it under your eyelids or even smudging eyeliner along both lash lines.

The angled  powder brush is lovely and soft and is very good for contouring your face.

The foundation brush is just another generic foundation brush that blends the product really well into your face.

The powder brush is lovely and soft and I like to use it for applying blusher to my cheeks.


The next brushes in my collection are ones that I saw when shopping at Lakeside and just had to buy when I was shopping in the huge Primark that they have there. I think the brushes cost me about £6/£8 and they are just fabulous!!!


There is another brush in this set which is another small flat eye shadow brush that I do use for applying concealer, but I seem to have misplaced it!!! :(

The fluffy blending brush is brilliant!! I love using this to blend out eye shadow that I have already applied to my eyelids.

The rounded, pencil type brush is good for working eye shadow through your socket line with its stiff bristles.

The big powder brush is another big fluffy brush but I love it because of the diamantes on the handle, you have to apply powder in style!!!



My next brush is possibly one of my oldest brushes that is still going strong (the wooden handle did break but I glued it back together!!) I bought it from Poundland I believe when I first got into makeup years and years ago!

 I love this brush so much! I like to use it for applying bronzer as its so fluffy and creates a beautifully bronzed face!
















Finally, a few weeks ago I bought a mahoosive 30 piece brush set off amazon for about £11 and although the quality of some of the bigger brushes isn't the best (some shed quite badly!!), overall I am incredibly impressed with this brush set and cannot wait to get stuck in and try all the brushes out!!





Hope you've all enjoyed reading!!!

Keep smiling and stay beautiful!!!

xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment