Friday 12 September 2014

My summer favourites!

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack
First things first (I'm the realist - sorry couldn't resist!!!) a big fat sorry for disappearing for the ENTIRE summer! I had loads of ideas for blog posts but never had any time to sit and get them down!!!!!! My summer was crazy and went far too quickly!! 

I hope you are all well and had a fab summer! 

As I am terrible at regularly blogging, monthly favourites come and go and I forget to do them, so instead I thought I would do a blog post on the products that I have loved and used all summer long! I've picked a few skincare, makeup and perfume items to share with you all! 

I'll start with skincare and a slightly tenuous/random skincare item... I wouldn't exactly put it under skincare but I didn't want it to feel lonely in a category on it's own! So without any further waffle I give you the Dove Go Fresh roll on anti-perspirant deodorant in the scent pomegranate & lemon verbena. 
I took this on holiday to madeira with me as you aren't supposed to take aerosols on aeroplanes. It kept me sweat free and smelling lovely all day. Does what it says on the tin... And I liked it! 

Next up is the Garnier micellar cleansing water. Initially I was a tad reluctant to try this as I had tried bioderma before this and really loved that and I initially saw this as a cheaper less superior alternative... Oh how wrong I was! 
 It is just as good as bioderma, if not better in my opinion! For a fraction of the cost of a 500ml bioderma I was able to get 800ml of the Garnier water and it works so well to remove even the stubbornest mascara! 

Now the next two products I am going to talk about together as I have used them hand in hand with each other! After all the indulgence from holiday, my skin took a turn for he worst and I had possibly one of the worst acne breakouts I have ever had, and when it's hot outside and you've got a bit of a tan, the last thing you want to do is have to be slapping on makeup! I got to the end of my tether where nothing seemed to be working and just happened to be walking through tesco when I spotted both these items and decided to give them a try. 

First is the Neutrogena Visibly Clear spot stress control daily scrub. 
I have been using this to cleanse my face twice a day and it has completely changed my skin! It makes sure all the dirt is washed off my face, controls oil and soothes blemishes whilst the exfoliant particles help remove dirt and dead skin. I was initially worried about the exfoliant being too abrasive to use on my skin twice a day, but it has had a positive effect on my skin. My skin is now glowing and smooth and I actually feel comfortable wearing considerably less makeup for the first time in ages! 

Along with this I used the Witch Naturally Clear blemish stick is a natural antibacterial spot prevention treatment containing witch hazel oil. It helps to break down excess oil and fight the bacteria that cause spots. 
I put this all over my face after the scrub and before moisturising and this has also helped combat the acne. 

The moisturiser I have been loving this summer is the Loreal Skin Perfection correcting day moisturiser. 
This moisturiser leaves your skin feeling fabulous and also moisturised and I love it!!! 

Along with the moisturiser, to leave my eyes looking awake and feeling refreshed I have been loving the Origins GinZing eye cream. 
It depuffs and brightens your eyes. I love using this first thing in the morning to make sure I look more wide awake then I feel! 

Well that's my skincare favourites done, now onto makeup! 

Up first is a sample that I was sent to try that I fell in love with. This is the MAC Prep + Prime Skin Base Visage face primer. 
This left my skin feeling fresh, dewy and smooth without leaving a greasy finish. My foundation sat beautifully on top of it and I will definitely be purchasing a full size of this! 

Next up is my trusty old Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation.
As you can see by the photo, this foundation has been well loved this summer! It gave me a great coverage, SPF protection and a great shimmery and dewy finish. There is nothing more perfect for a summertime foundation than this one! 
 
Going with the shimmery theme, up next is my Rimmel Sunshimmer 3D Bronzer.
This gives a beautifully bronzed, sun kissed shimmer and looks amazing with a tan!!! 

With the heat in Madeira, it was hard to keep makeup in place. When I get hot and sweaty my eyelids are the first to get slippy which makes eye makeup so hard to try and keep on. With this in mind, I purchased these products in the hope they would stay put a bit better. I'm talking about gel/cream eyeshadows. 
I actually got an AVON one and a Maybelline Colour Tattoo (which I have been wanting to try for ages!!!!) these are ideal because you can just apply them with your fingers, instead of faffing around with a brush and they also set making them very long wearing! 

Next I want to talk about a set I managed to get online for a very good price. It was Benefit's Real Steal set which included a full size They're Real mascara and a sample of the Push Up gel liner. 
I'll talk about the liner first as this is a relatively new product and everyone is blogging about it! 
Once you get the hang of it, it's incredibly easy to use and allows you to create the perfect cat flick every time!!!! It is incredibly long wearing which makes it ideal in heat and the mini sample size is fab for the smaller makeup bags we take on holiday! 
Now I'm a bit late to the They're Real mascara party but I am in love with this! 
It leaves my lashes looking incredible and longer than they have ever been before AND it is long wearing to the point where it's rather hard to get off! 

Lastly I want to talk quickly (as I fear this blog post has been rather long and waffly!) about my three favourite summer perfumes! All are fresh, fruity scents that aren't too heavy! 
Born in Paradise by Escada

Caribbean Paradise by AVON

AND lastly...
Outspoken Fresh by Fergie for AVON

Well there's my Summer favourites. I hope you have enjoyed reading and I also hope it's not as long until I get to post next! 

Take care and keep smiling

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment